Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hunting Creatures (2001)

I wasn't really sure about Andreas Pape's Hunting Creatures before I went into it, it wasn't one of those movies where I was really melting with anxiety to see it, I discovered it on a review site along with some screen shots and thought I'd check it out. I sure didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

Once it picked up, the action and gore was awesome, featuring a lot of very bloody shootings, some dismemberment and some nice gut-munching. The characters are bad**s and it was a pleasure watching them go around hunting and slaughtering creatures. So they're barely developed, who cares?

The plot was also cool and wasn't any more complicated than it needed to be, which is all I can ask for in a plot in a movie like this.

Bottom Line: Hunting Creatures is a cool, gory, well-paced horror-action flick that definitely delivers. Running at only 70 minutes, the movie's not any longer than it needed to be. Definitely a big surprise for me. 

8 out of 10 garbage bags

No comments:

Post a Comment