Sunday, March 30, 2014

Le Bagman - Profession: Meurtrier (2004)



Basically, this girl is on the run from a killer named the Bagman, who appears when you say his name three times, and is run over by a group of wannabe gang-bangers. After the gang-bangers mock the woman and say his name three times, the Bagman appears and a bloody, gory war ensues.

This movie, while only 19 minutes long, is incredibly gory, almost Dead Alive level gory. All of it is prosthetic (as far as I can tell) and looks very good, it's creative, and all of it has a very over-the-top and slapstick tone. Like the girl who keeps getting hit on the head, or the guy who gets thrown into a trash can by the Bagman and then spends the rest of the movie stumbling around with the trash can over his head, and slips on a severed head. I found myself laughing several times throughout, not just at the slapstick, but the gang-banger characters. Listening to these guys talk "gangsta" was hilarious, especially the Boss, who was my favorite character of the entire movie (with the exception of the Bagman himself of coarse).

I can be a little generous with my ratings sometimes, but I don't give a 10 to just any movie. This one deserves it, it's comic genius and incredibly gory. Well worth my time.


10 out of 10 garbage bags

No comments:

Post a Comment